Monday, March 20, 2006

the elephants


Lofty witnessed a strange scene in the streets early this morning: elephants marching through the streets at 2am. They were all bound for the circus tents in midtown. Apparently, the trucks which carry these large creatures are too large to fit through the tunnel into midtown Manhattan so they walk the beasts through the tunnel and down 34th street. A lovely sight to behold; along with the zebras, screaming PETA protesters, the total chaos of the sprinting crowd and NYPD's finest looking dumbfoundedly on. Just another boring night in New York.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is crazy! I find it hard to believe that they really can't fit them through the tunnel tho - seems more like a publicity stunt to me. Barnum and Bailey do have a small reputation for being decent promotors (snap).

10:53 AM  
Blogger bugg said...

Oh my goodness! Wow, life in New York. Much like life in Ottawa, as I'm sure you recall, but waaaay more boring. Hmph! Poor you. I'm sure you're dying for a little excitement down there. Did you take the video? If you did, you must tell me how you went about putting on your blog. I've been meaning to share a little home movie of "the girls" for a while now.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home